Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pinched Nerve

Tonight Anthony's foot fell asleep and he couldn't walk. He said it was completely numb. He was gimping along grabbing onto first the chair, then the entertainment center, then the wall, etc. to get where he was going. I was laughing (as he does when his foot falls asleep) and told him he looked like me when I'm pregnant!

Usually during my 3rd trimester I get a pinched nerve in my lower back and can't walk anywhere! With Felicity it was particularly bad. I had to crawl up the stairs, couldn't stand to do dishes or any "normal" Mom chore. It was very difficult and I had a hard time taking care of the rest of my kids and constantly felt burdened with the pain it caused as well as the guilt that I wasn't getting other things done.

So tonight as I watched Anthony and remembered those times, I felt grateful that I'm not pregnant and I don't have any pinched nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment