Thursday, September 2, 2010

Grocery Store

So lately, I've had a bunch of things that I wanted to blog about on here; but haven't had the time! Ahhhh.... But I want to get them down before I forget them. However, time is still an issue so these might be condensed versions on the next few!


Sometime last week I was boiling a chicken. Once it was done and I was "cleaning" it... aka pulling all the good meet off. I was reminded of going on the Pioneer Trek as a youth. On this Trek, our "Family" had to kill, pluck and cook our own chicken for dinner that night. In my youth I had an EXTREME gag reflex! And still have a pretty strong gag reflex. This was NOT my favorite part of the Trek. (As I have often said of the whole experience; I disliked almost every minute of the whole thing, but after, wouldn't trade it for the world). So I was assigned to the team PLUCKING the chicken. For those of you who've done this before, you know that at this point the chicken is still warm and still flails around as you go even though it is dead.

So as I stood in my kitchen "Cleaning" the chicken and not liking that either, I was VERY grateful that I did not also kill or pluck the chicken. And I am so grateful that I get my chicken at the grocery store!

I have a testimony of 2 Nephi 2:11 where it reads:
" For it must needs be, that there is an aopposition in all things. If not so, my first-born in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad..."
If I had not plucked a chicken, I would not know how much I love the grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment